Energize Vermont is a non-profit organization that advocates for renewable energy solutions that are in harmony with the character of the state and its people. Proposed utility scale wind projects threaten to have severe impacts on our health, environment and economy. Please take a moment to learn more about why utility scale wind is wrong for Vermont, and how we believe efficiency and solar are better fits. You can see a summary of our position in this recent release or review the materials below.
Learn More about Impacts from Utility Scale Wind
Wind in Vermont defaces ridgelines, creates habitat fragmentation and threatens headwater streams
- Sheffield, VT First Wind Project Construction Photos
- Sheffield Stormwater Run-off Environmental Impacts
- Deerfield, VT Impacts on Bear Habitat
Operation in Vermont and elsewhere creates health impacts on humans and animals
- The Health Impacts of Wind Turbines
- Vinalhaven, ME Noise Reports
- Rutland Regional Medical Center Wind Health Forum
- The Agency of Nature Resources calls proposed site “Rare & Irreplaceable”
Solar & Efficiency are a Better Fit for Vermont
Vermont’s solar resource is 500 times larger than its wind resource, plus solar has less aesthetic impacts, and is distributed in nature
- A Wind Advocate’s Case for Why Solar is a Better Fit for Vermont
- Video presentation on Vermont’s solar resource
- Solar resources for Vermonters
99% of Vermont’s greenhouse gas emissions come from transportation fuel and heating oil, not electricity generation
5-Steps to Take Action
- Do you support our position? Consider joining Energize Vermont.
- Spread this information
- Learn more about solar, biomass, wind and hydro.
- Sign up for Energize Vermont email newsletters
- Like Energize Vermont on Facebook
Still have questions? Call us at 802-778-0660.